Good Growth Hub
Our vision is for a dynamic and diverse creative workforce.
Although London’s creative sector is growing, we have reached a critical tipping point where access to opportunity is impenetrable to those that don’t have experience, skill-sets and connections.
Below you will see all of our current opportunities.
- You will need to create a free Submittable account or sign in with Google or Facebook to apply
- You can save a draft of your work if you would like to come back later to complete
- If you need to make changes to your form, please withdraw your submission and resubmit.
- If anything changes with the information you submitted, please request to edit the submission
- Our platform works best on Google Chrome (download here), Firefox (download here), and Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported.
- For any technical support check out the Submitter Resource Center or contact the Customer Support team here.
Don't miss any messages from us - make sure to safelist notification emails from Submittable and check the email you used to sign up for your Submittable Account regularly.
A New Direction is recruiting a new group of ‘Advisers’. This is a paid opportunity open to 18-24 years and will run from October until the end of November 2023. We will work with the new group to learn about your experiences of our programmes and other programmes you have been involved in with creative and cultural organisations and co-produce our approach to youth governance going forwards.
This opportunity will involve 25 hours of work paid at £12 per hour; £300 in total.
The application has a few stages, please be ready to spend some time to consider and submit your answers.
- The first section is made up of short-form questions.
- There is an option in the second section of this form to upload answers to your application questions in written, video or audio format.
- To get advice on your application, including advice on recording video/audio answers, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please let us know if you would like this form in a different format by contacting us at email@example.com.
- You can save a draft of your work if you want to return later to complete it.
- Once you have submitted your application you won't be able to change it, if you have any concerns once submitting your form please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't miss any messages from us - make sure to safelist notification emails from Submittable and check the email you used to sign up for your Submittable account regularly.
Important dates - Recruitment:
- Applications will open on Thursday 20 July 2023.
- Applications will close on Friday 15 September 2023.
- If your application is successful, you’ll be notified by the end of September and you'll need to be available for an online appointment of 30 minutes, where you'll meet the team 1:1 and have a chance to ask any questions.
Important dates - Programme delivery:
All Advisors selected will be expected to attend all of the following six sessions;
- Creatives Advisers begins on Saturday 14 October 2023, 10:00 am - 4:30 pm.
- There will be four Tuesday evening sessions taking place on 17 Oct, 24 Oct, 7 Nov & 14 Nov at 5:30 - 8:30 pm.
- Creative Advisers ends on Saturday 25 November 2023, 10:00 am - 4:30 pm.
This equates to 25 hours of paid work in total.
- You are currently taking part in a programme at A New Direction / Good Growth Hub.
- Or you have previously taken part in a programme at A New Direction / Good Growth Hub.
- Or you have taken part in programmes with other creative and cultural organisations.
- You are 18 to 24 years old.
Thank you for your interest in mentoring on our STEP programme and for taking the time to fill out this form. It helps us match the right mentees with the right mentors, which is what the mentoring process is all about.
To get guidance on your Expression of Interest Form or if you have any questions about the mentoring process itself, please email email@example.com
After you have completed this Expression of Interest Form, a member of our team will be in contact with you directly if we have a mentee/ mentor match.
Thank you for your interest in being a mentor and for taking the time to fill out this form. It helps us match the right mentees with the right mentors, which is what the mentoring process is all about.
To get guidance on your Expression of Interest Form or if you have any questions about the mentoring process itself, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is mentoring?
Our methodology is simple, we carefully pair up young creatives with a mentor who works in their chosen sector.
The role of a mentor
The role of the mentor is to be a critical friend to their mentee - to act as both a support and sounding board, but to also challenge when needed. A mentor gives tools and advice to their mentee to progress professionally, empowering them to make connections and to progress off their own merits.
They support, champion, encourage and occasionally challenge their mentee whilst creating opportunities for them into jobs and onto career progression in a fast-changing, competitive and highly networked workplace.
The pairings are encouraged to have contact outside of the facilitated monthly sessions in order to see real impact of the relationship.
We have found that by encouraging the building of relationships between our mentees and mentors, they develop bonds that stretch far beyond the programme, creating new networks and renewed confidence to proceed in a world that all too often is about who you know, rather than what you know or how well you do it.
Mentor training and onboarding
At the start of every mentoring programme, we provide training and a handbook for our mentors containing best practice and other things to bear in mind.
There are options in the second section of this form to upload answers to the questions in video or audio format. But, please let us know if you would like this form in a different format by contacting email@example.com
After you have completed this Expression of Interest Form, a member of our team will be in contact with you within 5 weeks to discuss your application and, if we haven't already, to ask for your third person bio and a headshot you are happy for us to use.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org